2232: W3 event cannot read file size
The IIS web sites that use HTTP rely on several IIS components for their availability. The IIS World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC) is one among them. The W3SVC is responsible for managing the HTTP protocol and HTTP performance counters.
Event 2232 is generated when the server was unable to read a file because it exceeded the maximum allowable size. The file and maximum size are specified in the message.
How could you resolve this situation?
Possible solutions are: If W3SVC is unable to read a file, check if the file indicated in the error message exists and that W3SVC has permissions to the file. If the file is too big, reduce its size. Check for a specific error number in the event log message. Find out more about that error number.
IIS Server Log Analysis Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools