2216: W3 event killing script
The IIS web sites that use HTTP rely on several IIS components for their availability. The IIS World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC) is one among them. The W3SVC is responsible for managing the HTTP protocol and HTTP performance counters.
Event 2216 is generated when the script started from a URL has not responded within the configured timeout period. The HTTP server would terminate the script.
How could you resolve this situation?
Test the script or executable that failed to respond within the time-out allocated, to make sure that it can run correctly. The event log message contains the URL from which the script started.
IIS Server Log Analysis Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools