2261: W3 message read raw not supported
The IIS Internet Server Application Programming Interface (ISAPI) extensions and filters can extend and modify the request-processing capabilities of IIS. ISAPI applications are run in isolation to enhance server stability.
Event 2261 is generated when an attempt was made to load a particular filter, but it requires the SF_NOTIFY_READ_RAW_DATA filter notification and this notification is not supported in this IIS version.
How could you resolve this situation?
IIS 7.0 does not support the SF_NOTIFY_READ_RAW_DATA notification for ISAPI filters. If you have to use an ISAPI Filter that requires this notification, you must run the filter on IIS 6.0 in IIS 5.0 isolation mode.
IIS Server Log Analysis Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools