1043: W3SVC event WMS site binding error
The IIS World Wide Web Publishing Service is responsible for managing the HTTP protocol and HTTP performance counters. An IIS web site is a unique collection of web pages and web applications that is hosted on an IIS web server.
Event 1043 is generated when a particular virtual site is invalid. The site is specified in the event log message. This could be because the W3SVC could not configure valid site bindings or because the site has no existing site bindings.
How could you resolve this situation?
Ensure that the site has bindings with a valid port and IP address configured. Only one web site can be bound to a particular IP/port pairing at one point of time. Then restart the web site, and, in some cases, the HTTP service.
IIS Server Log Analysis Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools