1123: W3SVC performance counter gather timer cancel failure
The IIS World Wide Web Publishing Service is responsible for managing the HTTP protocol and HTTP performance counters. It collects HTTP-specific performance counters for web sites. It initializes the counters and receives them from HTTP.Sys, the protocol listener for HTTP. If W3SVC is not available, HTTP performance counter data cannot be gathered.
Event 1123 is generated when the World Wide Web Publishing Service failed to cancel the timer for gathering performance counters.
How could you resolve this situation?
The event log message is informational. The issue will be corrected by the system. You need not take any action.
IIS Server Log Analysis Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools