How to reset administrator password in ServiceDesk Plus
- 1. Having problems logging in to your ServiceDesk Plus application? Forgot your username or password? Here's what you should do.
- 2. Access your ServiceDesk Plus server and browse to [your drive]:\ManageEngine\ServiceDesk\bin. Click changeDBServer.bat.
- 3. Information on the configured database will be displayed.
- 4. If the database is PGSQL, connect to it.
- 5. If the database is MSSQL, go to the SQL Management Studio. Click the Windows icon and select Command Prompt (Run as administrator).
- 6. Go to [your drive]:ManageEngine\ServiceDesk\pgsql\bin and run psql.exe -U postgres -p 65432 -d servicedesk -h 127.0.0.1.
- 7. Copy and paste the first query from the link below and press Enter.
- 8. From the result, select the user and use their login_id in the second query to reset the password.
- 9. After resetting the password, you will be able to log in with password as 'admin.'
- 10. Ensure that you have selected 'Local Authentication' in the "Log on to" drop-down list.
- 11. After resetting the password, you will be able to log in with password as 'admin', provided you select 'Local Authentication' in the "Log on to" drop-down list.
Resources for further reading