Highlights of build 6150
- Enable Instant Messaging via Lync 2010 / 2013: You can now configure all the appropriate settings to enable chat/instant messaging option for your user accounts even as you create them, using the all new user creation templates. It is not just the intra-organizational communication and collaboration that will become instant but the process of enabling the communication will also be instant.
- Exchange Server 2013 support: You can now configure user mailboxes in Exchange Server 2013 and apply the appropriate mailbox policies required to govern them as well; use all the latest features and advantages innate to Exchange 2013 and make your Exchange mailbox management efficient and top of the line.
- Drag-n-Drop Customization in user creation templates to fine tune the process of creating new user accounts to fit your organizational policies and requirements to a T; make any attribute mandatory, read-only or even hidden as per your needs or based on the technician to whom you will be assigning the user creation template.
- LCS/OCS configuration in user creation template: The user creation console will now have a separate tab exclusively to configure all the appropriate settings to enable instant communication in your organization. This feature will enable you to specify the appropriate value for LCS/OCS and even Lync Server settings from the same screen.
- Exchange 2010 Policies Support: You can now configure Exchange mailboxes for the new user accounts that you are provisioning and also apply the appropriate policies at the same time using this feature.
- Revamped 'Avoid Duplication' feature to check for duplication of critical/specific attributes at the desired level (OU / Domain /Forest) and perform the appropriate operation to avoid duplicate values.
- Enhancements in 'User Modification Templates':
- Updates to organization attributes (Title, Department, Offices and Companies) in 'Admin' tab will reflect in user modification templates that have been already created.
- 'Member Of' attribute has been added to 'Modification Rules' component in user modification templates.
- Delete users' existing group membership information during the modification process.
- Unlock user accounts via templates during user modification process.
- Recursive naming formats will now be supported in users' description and custom attributes.
- Execute a custom script on successful modification of a user account.
- Move users' to a different container during user modification process.
- Polish characters not exported in PDF format.
- Additional email address attribute in 'group creation template'.
- Hiding the new password generated during single user modification.
- Issues in Cleanup scheduler.
- Issues in authorizing HDTs for 'Move Home Folder' action.
Highlights of build 6140
- The scheduler has been enhanced to accommodate more accurate time frequencies.
- 'Select only the appended objects from the file’ option has been added to help choose only the appended data while importing records through iterations from a CSV.
- Filters in AD reports have been enhanced to drill down to the specifics of reported data; Reports can now be filtered based on attributes such as Primary Group, WhenChanged, whenCreated, DisplayName, Account Expires, Bad Password Time, Lockout Time, Last Logon Time, Last Logon Timestamp, Bad Pwd count, and Pwd status.
- Issue in setting “Deny” permissions over a mailbox during Bulk User Modification has been fixed.
- Issue in creating Mailbox on Exchange Server 2007 when installed on Windows server 2012 has been fixed.
- Issue in modifying external email address has been fixed; the external email address in the additional mail address list will now be replaced with the newly modified address.
- Issue in using configured custom attribute in CSV while creating or modifying users via automation has been fixed.
Highlights of build 6130
- ADManager Plus Group Templates standardize the group creation process. These templates store values and formats that are applied automatically across all the group objects that are created using these templates.
- The drag-and-drop option in Group Creation Templates helps customize templates as per organizational needs to display or hide the specific tabs or attributes as required.
- The UI for Single group creation is now more flexible and user friendly with the fields categorized under General, Group and Exchange tabs.
- 'Managed by' field added to single group creation can be used designate managers for the groups.
- Issues in configuring HDT, when many templates, OUs and roles are assigned to him, have been fixed.
- Issue in setting 'Deny Permissions' over a mailbox while performing set mailbox rights in Bulk User Modification has now been fixed.
- Issue in importing 'UTF-8' format files in Automation and Workflow during user creation/modification (using CSVs) has been fixed.
- Browser issue (IE) that occurs when the number of objects chosen in 'delegate security role-step 1' is huge, has been fixed.
- The resultant page that occurs after 'user creation using CSV' will no longer have export option issues in Firefox.
- Local groups will no longer be displayed in the 'add members' options under Universal distribution group creation/modification.
Highlights of Build 6120
- The actions list has been enhanced. Modify Users by CSV, Add To Group, Remove From Group actions have now been added.
- Option to enforce “user must change password at next logon” in reset Password action has been provided.
- Filters have been introduced in library of reports for accurate results.
Reset password console
- A Quick visibility into User's account lock out status while trying to reset password from the reset password console.
- Option in Naming Formats to define replacement characters for ‘umlaut accent’ has been provided.
- Configuration for multiple domains in employee search.
- Export as PDF, excel, html and CSV options for results from 'employee search'.
- Options for attribute-based user/contact search have been improved.
- ‘A HDT without permissions to generate a report can do so from the dashboard when report count is zero’ issue has been fixed.
- Special characters issue in HDT role name has been fixed.
- Issue in restoring users when parent OU has been deleted is now fixed. Users will be restored in the 'users container'.
- Issue in clearing 'show in Address book attribute', when you uncheck hide from address lists option in single group modification has been fixed.
- UAC value issue while creating normal accounts through bulk user creation has been fixed.
Highlights of Build 6110
- The value selected by the technicians for 'Show Rows' option, in all the features that it is available, will now be saved.
- Delete groups option is now available in 'Groups without Members' report also.
- 'OS Based Report' will now have the operating system of the customer environment also in the OS list.
- Deleted computers showing up in computer selection pop-up windows issue is fixed.
- Distribution Groups created with '#' in their name throwing up 'Properties on this object have invalid data' error when opened in Exchange Management Console is fixed.
- Mismatch in 'password expiry date' in Real Last Logon report for those users for whom PSO has been applied is fixed.
- Reset Password feature will now display the new passwords generated as '**********' instead of the actual passwords in the result.
- 'OU' option not working in the 'Advance Filter' of Real Last Logon report in IE Compatibility mode is fixed now.
Highlights of Build 6.1
- File Server Management: Manage the permissions on multiple File Servers and workstations across your organization in just one operation. This feature facilitates bulk modification and removal of NTFS or Share permissions on Shared Folders and their subfolders.
- Now you can also manage Active Directory 2012 (in Windows Server 2012) using ADManager Plus.
- This build also included support for Windows 8 platform.
- Remote PowerShell Support for Exchange 2010: Even from a 32-bit machine and with just PowerShell 2.0 you can now create mailboxes in Exchange 2010. You can accomplish this even if you do not have Exchange Management Console (EMC) installed on your 32-bit machine.
- Performance tuning for Exchange Management.
- Windows 8 and 2012 have been included in OS based Computer reports.
- Issue in using ‘Hide from Exchange Address Lists’ option for Groups has been fixed.
- Issue in fetching information about cross-domain members in ‘Detailed Group Members report’ has been fixed.
- Issue in setting/updating email address of users through a CSV file, if it is mentioned as empty in the template being used has been fixed.
- Error in exporting filtered (partial) results from reports has been fixed.
Highlights of Build 6012:
- Mailbox Storage Limits specified using single user modification will be validated based on the version of mailbox Exchange Server.
- 'Automatically update e-mail addresses based on e-mail address policy' attribute will also be available in reports now.
- Instead of only the OUs from primary domain, OU's of all the selected domains will be displayed for 'Move Computers' option in computer reports.
- In Single Group Modification while adding new members, HDTs can now select Users, Computers as well as Contacts instead of only Groups.
- The complete value of Office attribute will be displayed as the tool-tip text in User Creation Template.
- Unable to select AD Objects issue to Delegate Security Role while using Internet Explorer 9 in Compatibility mode has been fixed.
- Select Country option not being saved issue in user creation template has been fixed.
Highlights of build 6010:
- Date type columns will be exported as date fields while exporting to excel.
- Migration support for 6001 ,6002, 6003.
- Issue in setting dial-in properties during user creation and modification has been fixed.
- Active sync support issues post 6000 build have been fixed.
- Exporting issues in group members report has been fixed.
- Auditing issues for remove members operation is fixed.
Highlights of build 6001, 6002, 6003:
This release refines 'Report Scheduler' to make it more efficient with the following enhancements:
- Flexible Schedule Execution Frequency: The enhanced scheduler provides more options to configure the execution time and frequency of scheduled reports with flexible time intervals such as yearly, quarterly, fortnightly, multiple days in a week, every 15 minutes, etc.
- You can now Disable Email Notifications for scheduled reports if the reports do not have any data in them.
- Filters are now available in scheduled reports as well (for Inactive and Password Expired Users reports) to make sure you get the specific and relevant data that you need.
- Blank attachments issue in email notification of scheduled reports with no data has been fixed.
- Product Installation issues on non-English Operating systems is fixed.
Highlights of build 6000:
Automation: Set up 'end-to-end' automation of any AD task using the 'automation' feature. Further, with 'automation policy', you can also set up its time-based sequential follow-up tasks, as per your organization's requirement. With the 'implement business workflow' option, you can also set up a controlled workflow-based automation in which the task will not progress unless the administrator/the authorized technician gives the go ahead, at each stage of the workflow.
Single User Modification with/without templates: It is now possible to modify any existing single user account, with/without using any 'modification template'. Using these templates, you can allow the help desk technicians to view/modify only those fields that they are allowed to, as per your requirement.
Single User Modification through Rules: Specify the fields that should be automatically populated, whenever a user account is modified by a help desk technician and these rules will not be visible at all to the help desk technician.
GPO Management: With this feature, it is now possible to accurately specify and manage the GPOs that should be applied to any target location. For any Domain/OU/Site, administrators can now Enable/Disable GPOs completely or only the User/Computer configuration settings, Add/Remove GPOs, Enforce/Unenforce GPOs, and also Block/Unblock GPO inheritance to Domains/OUs, exactly as required. Plus, view all the GPOs available in all the configured domains along with their status and the locations that they are linked to, from one central location.
The following enhancements have been made to the 'Workflow' feature:
Quick-link to 'Create Request': Requesters can now create requests for all the management actions that they have permissions for, from just one centralized location.
Add Requesters Directly: Now, turn any AD user into a 'requester', even if the user is not a help desk technician. Just select the required user(s), assign the appropriate roles domain and save the settings, to turn any normal AD user(s) into a 'requesters'.
Requester permissions to Group/OU: Assign 'requester' permissions to an entire Group/OU, for any AD task, as required. This automatically turns all the existing members and any user who becomes a member of this group/OU into 'requesters'.
Assigning Rules: With these rules, specify the technician(s) to whom the request being created has to be assigned and also set the required priority for the request, based on either the type of action or the requester who creates the request, as needed. Also, specify the technicians/users to be notified of the request status and progress, at each stage of the workflow.
Requester Roles: Administrators can create custom roles to specify the task or the set of tasks for which a 'requester' can create requests. These roles can be used to provide the necessary request creation permissions to any new requester. While creating a new requester, by just assigning a specific 'requester role' to any user, administrators can specify all the tasks for which this specific requester can create requests, in one single step.
The 'IMAP4 setting not reflecting when modified through single user modification feature' has been fixed.
'streetAddress' can now store multiline values also
Customers now have the option of providing database password in encrypted format, if required.
'Recently Modified Users' report can now retrieve more than 1000 objects.
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 has been added to the options in the 'OS Based Report'.
Approval notification email will be sent to executors, even if they are not specified in the workflow.
Highlights of Previous Releases (Builds 5200 to 5241)
Active Sync Enabled/Disabled Reports
Single Contact Object Modification
- Contact Modification Templates
Contact Modification Rules
Detailed Group Members Report
Single Computer Object Creation with/without Templates.
Delegation of Computer Creation Templates to Helpdesk Technician(s)
Exchange Mailbox Migration
Restoring Deleted Users/Computers
Single Contact Creation
Template based Contact Creation
Drag-n-Drop customizable Contact Creation Templates
Mandatory field(s) / attribute(s) for Contact Creation
Disable/Delete User Mailbox for Exchange 2003, 2007 & 2010
Customized Date/Time Format
Performance enhancement in all User, Computer reports that retrieve and display the most recently updated data from multiple Domain Controllers.
Enhanced performance in report generation.
Enhanced Localization and Internalization for non-English language compatibility.
Includes latest Windows OS releases in 'OS Based Report'.
Session timeout handling for Help Desk Technicians.
Custom Attributes / Additional Custom Attributes
Contact Creation - Field Authorization and Template Delegation
Refresh link in Modify Single User page.
'Unlock Users' option along with 'Reset Password' in 'Helpdesk Reset Password' Console.
'Add/Remove' Users, Computers to and from multiple groups in just a single action in Bulk User/Bulk Computer Modification.
Copyright © 2013, ZOHO Corp.All Rights Reserved.