|Monitoring PostgreSQL database servers made easy
PostgreSQL is one of the most widely used object relational database management systems (ORDBMS) in the world today. Since database servers such as PostgreSQL are at the core of many business-critical services, any failure or performance degradation of PostgreSQL can impact multiple services that depend on it.
ManageEngine Applications Manager offers comprehensive PostgreSQL monitoring capabilities that enable database administrators (DBA's) proactively monitor the availability and performance of business-critical PostgreSQL database servers. The monitoring is done continuously, on a 24x7 basis, and it ensures that any deviation in the normal functioning of PostgreSQL database is brought to the DBA's notice immediately.
Some of the metrics provided by Applications Manager for PostgreSQL databases include:
- CPU, memory and disk utilization
- Buffer statistics
- Connection statistics
- Disk usage details
- Index scan details
- Query statistics
- Lock statistics
- Table level scan details
- Transaction details
|PostgreSQL Health Status
||Buffer & Connection Stats
||Database Object Statistics
||In-depth Performance Reports
Application Manager's web client allows you to visualize PostgreSQL monitoring data from your database tier alongside your application tiers. It provides comprehensive metrics and in-depth reports that allow you to quickly identify, analyze and resolve bottlenecks impacting PostgreSQL response time. You can also configure thresholds for key performance indicators and get notified if the thresholds are exceeded. This, along with, the Root Cause analysis window helps the operations team to troubleshoot performance problems quickly. Additionally, the grouping capability helps you to group your databases based on the business process supported and helps the operations team prioritize alarms as they are received.
Monitor Custom PostgreSQL Database Queries
Additionally, Applications Manager also provides the ability to monitor any SQL Query of a PostgreSQL Database by using the Database Query Monitoring capability. With this, a DBA can monitor additional performance metrics, monitor custom database tables and even monitor and expose business metrics to the line of business managers.
Benefits of using Applications Manager for PostgreSQL Monitoring
- Single console for monitoring your servers, application servers, databases, ERP, web services and web transactions; helps identify and resolve performance bottlenecks quickly.
- Ensure your PostgreSQL database servers are optimized for peak performance, cut down expenses through improved database control.
- Gain insight into the performance of your PostgreSQL database servers over a period of time.
- Improve end user satisfaction by providing consistent access to your applications.
- Agentless monitoring solution that is easy to set up and manage.