- How do I troubleshoot when outgoing emails are not generated ?
Verify the following:
- Outgoing mail settings configured in Supportcenter Plus.
- Verify whether your email server is configured to
relay email to the outside domain. If you are sending the mail to an outside
domain then, verify the authentication details you have provided in Supportcenter
- Probably the port in which the email notification
is sent is blocked by virus scanners. This can be checked with the command
from the Supportcenter Plus server machine: telnet <mailservername>
25. Similarly, SMTP will be configured on port 25.
- If the telnet command does not succeed, then the
port has been blocked. If the command succeeds but cannot send the mail
from Supportcenter Plus then, the possible reason could be virus scanners
blocking any request from java.exe application. Disable the block and
verify the issue.
- Create an OUTLOOK account in the Supportcenter Plus
server and enter the same mail server settings (only if you have an alias
for the support email address that you have for SupportCenter Plus) then,
check whether you are able to send mails using the account. If this fails
then the port is blocked, if it is working then please generate the support
file (Support tab > Support file) and send it to email@example.com.