Event ID 4768 - A Kerberos authentication ticket (TGT) was requested
|Sub category||Kerberos Authentication Service|
|Description||A Kerberos authentication ticket (TGT) was requested|
When a Kerberos authentication ticket (TGT) is requested, event ID 4768 is logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Account Information||Account Name
Supplied Realm Name
|Service Information||Service Name
|Network Information||Client Address
|Additional Information||Ticket Options
Ticket Encryption Type
|Certificate Information||Certificate Issuer Name
Certificate Serial Number
Why event ID 4768 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus account logon real-time pre-configured reports help identify miscreant users attempting logon into machines that requires elevated privileges and provide evidence for any action administered by any user. These reports can be advantageously in overcoming account logon audit challenges.
Event 4768 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
Corresponding event ID for 4768 in Windows Server 2003 and older is 672,676