Event ID 4729 - A member was removed from a security-enabled global group
|Sub category||Security group management|
|Description||A member was removed from a security-enabled global group|
When Active Directory objects such as an user/group/computer is removed from a security group, event ID 4729 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
|Member: Object removed from the security group||Security ID
|Group: Security group from which the object was removed||Security ID
Why event ID 4729 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus audits, reports, and alerts group management actions performed on distribution and security groups making Active Directory auditing much easier.
Event 4729 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
Corresponding event ID for 4729 in Windows Server 2003 and older is 633