Event ID 4732 - A member was added to a security-enabled local group
|Sub category||Security group management|
|Description||A member was added to a security-enabled local group|
When Active Directory objects such as an user/group/computer is added to a security local group, event ID 4732 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
|Member: Object added to the security group||Security ID
|Group: Security local group to which the object was added||Security ID
Why event ID 4732 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus audits, reports, and alerts group management actions performed on distribution and security groups making Active Directory auditing much easier.
Event 4732 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
Corresponding event ID for 4732 in Windows Server 2003 and older is 636