Event ID 4737 - A security-enabled global group was changed
|Sub category||Security group management|
|Description||A security-enabled global group was changed|
When a security global group is changed in Active Directory, event ID 4737 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
|Group: Changed security global group||Security ID
|Attributes||SAM Account Name
Why event ID 4737 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus audits, reports, and alerts group management actions performed on distribution and security groups making Active Directory auditing much easier.
Event 4737 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
Corresponding event ID for 4737 in Windows Server 2003 and older is 641