Event ID 4799 - A security-enabled local group membership was enumerated
|Sub category||Security group management|
|Description||A user's local group membership was enumerated.|
In Active Directory, event ID 4799 is logged when a process enumerates a user's local security groups on a computer or device.
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
|Process Information||Process ID
Why event ID 4799 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus offers 'User management activity' reports that lists all the management actions done by any selected user or technician on Users, Computers and Groups in the Domain. It comprehensively displays actions executed by users in the form of easily understandable graphical charts and reports. Actions like user/computer account or groups changed, deleted, disabled, enabled, password set and account unlocked are audited, reported and highlighted through in these reports.
Event 4799 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 (On-Premise | Cloud) Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools