Event ID 4663: Object access attempt.
|Description||This is a Data ONTAP event. An object(file or directory) has access attempt has been made. The access could be to
For this event, Data ONTAP audits only the first SMB read and first SMB write operation (success or failure) on an object. This prevents Data ONTAP from creating excessive log entries when a single client opens an object and performs many successive read or write operations to the same object.
- ADAudit Plus offers in built reports that collect logs in real time and presents it to the administrator whenever an attempt has been made to access an object.
- The reports provide details about the object that is being accessed, who attempted the access and when the action was performed.
Event 4663 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and 10
Corresponding event in Windows Server 2003 and earlier versions - 567.
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools