Event ID 521: Unable to log events to security log.
|Description||This event is logged if Windows was unable to write events to the Security event log.|
The event logs the following information:
|Status code||The code for the reason of occurrence.|
|Value of CrashOnAuditFail||Whether the system should halt when not able to write to security log. See event 4906 for possible values.|
|Number of failed audits||The number of events affected.|
- ADAudit Plus monitors this event in real time, so that you may be notified as soon as the system is unable to log security events.
- The event can be viewed as a report that represents when the event occurred, and on which domain controller the problem arose.
- Since it is a critical security event, administrators can be alerted via E-mail or SMS as soon as this event is logged.
Event 521 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows server 2000
- Windows server 2003 and XP
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools