Alarms are notifications generated based on some condition or criteria, helping to detect problems when any of the servers running in the network is experiencing it. This improves the fault management ensuring productive application monitoring
There are three severity levels for the Alarms and they are
Alarms are generated for the following type of attributes:
The Alarms screen displays a table provides the following:
You can generate alarms and perform actions based on your configuration. Go through the following sections to know more about the alarms tab:.
- Filtering Alarms
- Creating Threshold Profile
- Creating Actions
- Associating Threshold and Action with Attributes
- Configuring Dependencies
- Configuring Consecutive Polls
- Alarm Views: This is an option to view the alarms based on a particular Monitor Group or Monitor Type by selecting them from the respective combo box.
- Alarms for traps: Traps received via SNMP Trap Listener can be seen here. Also, the other unsolicitated traps can be viewed here.
- JMX Notifications: You can view the JMX Notifications received.
- Bulk Alarms Configuration is also possible. Refer Bulk Alarm Configuration
Go to the Alarms Tab to view all the alarms configured in Applications Manager along with their severity, type, date and the technician to whom the alarm is assigned. You can sort the alarms by clicking on the parameter type at the top of the table.
You can view all alarms or filter the Critical , Warning and Clear alarms or sort between Configured Traps, Unsolicited Traps or JMX Notification by clicking on the respective buttons. You can also fillter alarms by:
You can perform bulk alarm actions by checking the check-boxes of the alarms and selecting the action you require from the Alarm Actions drop-down menu at the top of the table. You can perform actions like:
- Set the alarm as clear.
- Acknowledge the alarm.
- Assign a Technician to take care of the alarm.
- Generate a PDF report showing the History Report of the alarm.
- Generate an Excel report showing the History Report of the alarm.
You can filter alarms to show alarms generated in a specific period or a specific day by selecting the time you require from the Select Time drop-down menu at the top of the table. You can filter alarms generated by Last One Hour, Last 2 hours, Last 4 hours, Last 6 hours, Last 12 hours, Last 24 hours, Today or Yesterday
Selected Monitor Group
You can filter alarms to show only alarms associated with monitor groups or only with monitors. You can do this by selecting the option you require from the Select Monitor Group drop-down menu at the top of the table.
Selected Monitor Type
You can filter alarms to show only alarms associated with a particulat monitor type. Select the monitor type that you require from the Select Monitor Type drop-down menu at the top of the table and click Go.
You can search through alarms by clicking the search button at the top of the alarms table. When you click the button text boxes appear in the alarms table under the parameter names. You can search for alarms by typing the alarm message, alarm name, type, or technician to whom the alarm is assigned and then clickingSubmit.