Active Directory Error code773 - user must reset password
This error code is returned if a user attempts to log in but the administrator has enabled the User must change password at next logon option for them in Active Directory. When such a scenario occurs, the user must change their password. When such a scenario occurs, the user must change their password before logging into the domain. Administrators often enable this option during the following situations:
- When they configure a password for a user account during the creation.
- After they have reset a user's password.
In both the scenarios, the user has to change the password before logging into the domain
The User must change password at next logon option enables users to change the passwords set by the admin or technicians, and set a password that is known only to them. However, will this option and other security features offered by Active Directory suffice to secure domain user accounts? Additional features like self-service password reset and multi-factor authentication are required. ADSelfService Plus, an Active Directory self-service password management and single sign-on solution, offers multiple features that help secure the domain user accounts in an organization. Here are some of them:
- Self-service password reset: Allows domain users in an organization to reset their password themselves, without any admin or help desk intervention.
- Password Policy Enforcer: Lets organizations create custom password policies and apply them to desired domains, groups, and OUs. The password complexity rules provided by this feature are more advanced and stringent than the default rules available in Active Directory.
- Multi-factor authentication: Allows organizations to enable multiple levels of authentication for logging into the domain, apart from the default username and password. ADSelfService Plus supports 15 methods of authentication to verify user identity during self-service password reset and account unlock and Windows, macOS, and Linux logins.
- Password synchronization: Syncs users' domain passwords and any changes made to them with their user accounts in enterprise applications like GSuite, Office 365, and Salesforce. This helps users maintain a single, strong password to log into their domain and other applications.
- Password Expiration Notification: Sends email, SMS, or push notifications to domain users on the expiry of their domain passwords on the days leading up to the expiration thus prompting users to change their domain password before it expires.
With the above features and many more, ADSelfService Plus helps organizations secure user accounts, increase employee productivity, and reduce help-desk workload.
Empower users with a secure self-service password reset capability.
Your download is in progress and it will be completed in just a few seconds!
If you face any issues, download manually here
Self-service password management and single sign-on solution
ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus is an integrated self-service password management and single sign-on solution for Active Directory and cloud apps. Ensure endpoint security with stringent authentication controls including biometrics and advanced password policy controls.
- Related Products