Password resets, the inconveniences that come along, and a solution
A study conducted by HYPR has revealed that 57% of users required a password reset for their work account in the last 3 months of 2019. Gartner stated that 30% to 50% of all IT help desk calls are for password resets. When employees forget their domain or enterprise account passwords, their productivity takes a hit. This makes forgotten passwords not just a nuisance but also expensive.
A simple method to avoid the consequences of password resets is to implement a self-service password reset solution in the organization. A self-service password reset solution allows employees to reset their passwords themselves without help-desk interference.
Here are the advantages for an organization when self-service password reset is implemented:
- Reduces the workload of the help-desk team and allows them to divert their attention to other important tickets.
- Improves the productivity of employees by allowing them to reset their passwords quickly and have undeterred access to their domains or enterprise accounts.
ADSelfService Plus, an integrated Active Directory self-service password management and single sign-on solution, provides the Self-Service Password Reset feature, that allows domain users to reset their passwords using three mediums:
- The ADSelfService Plus web portal
- Windows, macOS, and Linux login screens
- The ADSelfService Plus mobile app
Benefits of using ADSelfService Plus's self-service password reset feature:
- Secure password resets protected by multi-factor authentication:
ADSelfService Plus offers multi-factor authentication using methods like TOTP, Google Authenticator, and fingerprint authentication to protect domain accounts during self-service password reset.
- Allows users to maintain one identity through password synchronization:
The password synchronization feature allows users to maintain the same password across enterprise applications like G Suite, Office 365, and Salesforce. Any changes to their password during resets or changes are also automatically synced to these enterprise accounts.
- Allows admins to create custom password policies:
The Password Policy Enforcer feature allows admins to create and enforce password policies that encourage users to create stronger, more complex domain passwords during password resets or changes.
- Provision to enable the feature only for users in specific groups, OU, and domains:
Using ADSelfService Plus, admins can configure self-service password reset, and other self-service features for select users based on their OU or group membership.
Simplify password management with ADSelfService Plus.
Your download is in progress and it will be completed in just a few seconds!
If you face any issues, download manually here
Self-service password management and single sign-on solution
ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus is an integrated self-service password management and single sign-on solution for Active Directory and cloud apps. Ensure endpoint security with stringent authentication controls including biometrics and advanced password policy controls.
- Related Products