How to deploy Adobe Acrobat DC using Endpoint Central?
This document provides you the steps required to deploy Adobe Acrobat DC to multiple computers.
To deploy Adobe Acrobat DC, follow the steps given below:
- Download the package
- Extract the package
- Add the serial number
- Add Software package
- Deploy to target computers
Download the Package
Download the package from https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-downloads.html and store it in the network share. The network share should have read access to 'Everyone' and 'Authenticated Users' group.
Note: Download the appropriate edition which you require, eg : Acrobat DC pro installer/Acrobat DC standard installer.
Extract the Package
To extract the downloaded package, navigate to the command prompt and run this command - <File Path> \Acrobat_2015_Web_WWMUI.exe /extract: <File Path>\AdobeAcrobatDC /quiet
Add the serial number
Inorder to derive the product key, you will have to add the serial number. Follow the below steps to add the serial number,
- Open the ABCPY.INI file using text editor from the location where you have stored the Adobe Acrobat DC package.
- Locate ISX_SERIALNUMBER.
- Add the serial number.
- Save and close the file.
- Verify if ABCPY.INI is located in the same directory as the EXE.
Add the Software Package
- Click on Software Deployment Tab
- Choose the application type as MSIEXEC/EXE/ISS/Command
- Under packages, click Add Package
- Choose Network Path and click Browse to locate the file.
- Under Installation command with Switches/Arguments enter the following
For example: "\\DC-machine-1\DesktopCentral\SoftwareRepository\Adobe Acrobat DC\AdobeAcrobatDCStandard\Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe" /sAll
If you want to deploy the package without editing ABCPY.INI file you can provide the Installation Command as the following-
<share>\Setup.exe ISX_SERIALNUMBER="<your valid Acrobat serial number>" /sAll
For example: "\\DC-machine-1\DesktopCentral\SoftwareRepository\Adobe Acrobat DC\AdobeAcrobatDCStandard\Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe" ISX_SERIALNUMBER="<xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx>" /sAll
Deploy to target computers
- Select the package that you have added
- Click Install/Uninstall Software
- Enter a name and description for the configuration
- Define the package settings
- Configure the deployment settings
- Choose the target computers
- Specify the schedule options, if required
- Click Deploy
You have deployed Adobe Acrobat DC to the target computers.