Unable to mount WIM file - ADK version 10
You can see the error message "Unable to mount WIM file in the WinPE path" on the screen when you do the following:
- While creating USB, ISO, or PXE media using WinPE tool version 10
- Windows firewall or Antivirus might block the WinPE (DISM) process.
- Required privilege is not held by the user(Group Policy restriction).
To identify if the Windows firewall or Antivirus is blocking the WinPE (DISM) process, follow the steps given below in the machine where the Central server is installed:
- Exclude the Central Server installed location from Antivirus and firewall.
- Ensure that Antivirus is not blocking any DISM commands. Follow this link for more information.
To ensure that the required privileges are held by the client, follow the steps given below:
- Run gpedit.msc to open group policy editor.
- Navigate to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment > Manage auditing and security log.
- Ensure that the user account used to run the Central Server is added to this list.
To check the user account currently running the Central Server:
- Run services.msc to open services.
- Go to properties of ManageEngine Endpoint Central Server
- Click Log On tab.
To check the manual mount process, follow the steps given below:
- Open Deployment and Imaging Tools Environment as Administrator.
- Execute the following command:
- copype amd64 "<mountpath>\WinPE"
- dism.exe /mount-wim /wimfile:"<mountpath>\WinPE\media\sources\boot.wim" /index:1 /mountdir:"<mountpath>\WinPE\mount"
- dism.exe /unmount-wim /mountdir:"<mountpath>\WinPE\mount" /discard
- For example
- copype amd64 "C:\WinPE"
- dism.exe /mount-wim /wimfile:"C:\WinPE\media\sources\boot.wim" /index:1 /mountdir:"C:\WinPE\mount"
- dism.exe /unmount-wim /mountdir:"C:\WinPE\mount" /discard
Please contact support if the issue persists.
Keywords: WinPE mount failed, digital signature error