New Features in NetFlow Analyzer
New Features in NetFlow Analyzer 9.8.5
NetFlow Analyzer 9.8.5
NetFlow Analyzer 9.8
- HighPerf Reporting Engine
The HighPerf Reporting Engine is a very powerful add-on to NetFlow Analyzer that enhances its raw data and reporting capabilities by leaps and bounds
- NetFlow Configurator
It is now possible to configure your flow exports from the GUI of NetFlow Analyzer itself.
NetFlow Analyzer 9.7
NetFlow Analyzer 9.6
- Enhancements in the Advanced Security Analytics Module
Source network and destination network based anomaly detection. Ignore events for all resources. IPV6 support.
- Muticast reporting
IP Multicasting allows a host to send packets to a specific group of hosts.
- Mediatrace OnDemand
Display the path of an IP flow, on the go. No configuration is required for the monitors. Get Mediatrace reports instantly.
NetFlow Analyzer 9.5
- Revamped User Interface
The look and feel of NetFlow Analyzer's user interface has been modified for better user experience. The tab views help easy navigation.
- Cisco's Medianet reporting
Cisco's Medianet is an end-to-end architecture that is capable analyzing voice, video and data traffic and report on loss, latency and jitter thereby helping you optimize rich media applications.
- Support for AppFlow protocol
A standard for application monitoring and reporting that doesn't require network taps or span ports.
- Ability to create and monitor IP groups using WAN RTT monitor
Using WAN RTT monitor, you can create specific IP groups for the IP address or IP range monitored. This way, you can monitor both latency and the number of flows for a specific IP address or range.
- On-demand billing in Capacity Planning Reports
- Performance tuning of product through user interface
- Edit Threshold Settings in WAN RTT monitor
- Generate on-demand bills in capacity planning reports.
- Option to schedule Capacity Planning reports and Medianet reports
NetFlow Analyzer 9.1
- Anomaly detection based on Source IP and Destination IP
- Heuristics based event classification that includes Denial of Service Attack,Host Scan, Port Scan, Diagonal Scan and Grid Scan
- Enrichment of events with location details(Geographical and Topological) for Offender IPs and Target IPs
- Customized user interface for white listing problem specific Flows and Events(Ignore Events and Discard Flows)
- Customized User Interface that includes
- Enable/Disable specific Problem
- Enable/Disable specific Algorithm
- Enable/Disable Resources
- Algorithm Settings
- Customized Algorithm specific Threshold configuration
- Algorithm specific Offender/Target Field configuration
- Location(EventList report)
- Customized Topological configuration for Offender IPs and Target IPs
- Offender/Target Location Mode settings
- Security Posture dashboard - Problems & Time Lines
- Listing all the Problems with the Events(with Pie Chart) and
Resources(with Bar chart) for each Class
- Multi-line graph of Time showing occurences of Events, Resources and
- Offenders & Targets dashboard - Resources & Time Lines
- Lists all the Resources along with the Events(Pie-Chart) and problems (with Bar chart) for each Algorithm Type
- Multi-line graph of Time showing occurences of Events, Resources and
- Problem Analysis dashboard
- Lists all Resources along with the Events(with pie chart) for the
- Multi-line graph of Time showing occurences of Events and Resources
- Resource Analysis dashboard
- Lists all problems along with the events(with pie chart) for the
- Multi-line graph of Time showing occurences of Events and Problems
ASAM is an add-on module with NetFlow Analyzer, therefore, does not need any additional hardware investment. Read More...
NetFlow Analyzer 9.0
- Wide Area Application Services
Cisco's Wide Area Application Services(WAAS) optimizes the performance of TCP-based applications in WAN. NetFlow Analyzer interprets optmized data from Waas Central Manager with netflow data to provide in depth visibility in optimization of WAN Applications. It also reports on complete distribution of applications optimized by any WAE in series with routers exporting netflow.
- WAN Round Trip Time(RTT) Monitor
WAN RTT (Round-Trip-Time) monitors Link Availability and Round-Trip-Time over links with threshold violation alerts to ensure best performance of WAN traffic all times. Graph based reports with information on packet loss, timeout and connection error along with NetFlow statistics helps in quickest ever troubleshooting of network issues.
- Branch Office Monitoring
Verify availability and up time of your links to branch offices using a combination of WAN RTT and NetFlow Analyzer's IP Group. WAN RTT will measure connectivity from a source to an IP Group created with your branch IP Addresses, helping analyze not just link performance but also find the problem cause using conversation reports for the IP Group.
- IPv6 Flow Format
IPv6 Addressing support - Future ready network monitoring by supporting IPv6 flows data.
- Capacity Planning Enhancements
Application Growth Report in Capacity Planning - See the time wise split of top 10 applications used on your interfaces
- Creating Alert Profile with IP Address as Criteria
- Report Filter Enhancements
- Option to map IP addresses to site names
- Scheduling Options for Compare Reports and Report Profiles
- Support for Radius server Authentication in MSSQL
- Enhancements to Consolidated Reports
- Network Snapshot Improved with Widget for Top N Alerts
- String Search Option for IP groups
- Custom Selection Option in Device Reports
NetFlow Analyzer 8.6
- Capacity Planning Report
"Capacity planning" helps you to understand the traffic trend over a period of time. This, in turn, helps you to predict the traffic growth in your network and if the traffic growth is business-critical. Capacity plans allows you to take informed decisions for upgrading bandwidth pipes in your network.
- Report Profiles
Report profiles helps you create custom reports as per your need. You can have as many profiles as the need be. These reports are device specific. You can only view different reports for one device in one particular profile.
- Top Sites
This gives a list of applications and the various sites visited through these applications.
- Compare report include 95th percentile
You can see the 95th percentile data in the "compare reports". Standard deviation values have been added in this report.
- Selection box for list of application
- Compare report should include 1,5,15 min reports
- Resolve NATED Addresses in ASA reports
- Re sizeable columns
- Configures CBQoS automatically for first 20 routers
- Schedule Reports CSV option
- Geo location PDF and CSV
- Schedule Business hours for last month and week
- Standard Deviation calculation in Traffic Report
- Interface performance dashboard
- Add custom URL widget in Dashboard
NetFlow Analyzer 8.5
- Advanced Security Analytics Module
Advanced Security Analytics Module (ASAM) is a network flow based security analytics tool that helps in detecting network intrusions and classifying the intrusions to tackle network security threats in real time. ASAM is an add-on module with NetFlow Analyzer, therefore, does not need any additional hardware investment. Read More...
NetFlow Analyzer 8.0
- IPSLA (VoIP)
Monitors the key performance metrics of the VoIP network to determine its health. The parameters measured include Jitter, Latency, Packet Loss etc. Read more on how VoIP monitoring with NetFlow Analyzer helps...
- SNMP V3 support
Support for SNMP V3 has been added in this release. Cisco SNMP v3 has brought in security enhancements. Other important features of SNMP v3 are message integrity, authentication and encryption.
- FNF - NBAR integration
Any router which supports Flexible NetFlow (FNF) can export NBAR data. The advantage of using FNF is the ability to get NBAR details without SNMP polling. NBAR data can be obtained along with the traffic usage details. Read more...
- V9 Sampling
NetFlow Analyzer now does NetFlow V9 sampling as well!
- Cisco ASA
NetFlow Analyzer now supports Cisco ASA (ISO version 8.2 onwards). More details...
- CBQoS Child Policy and PDF option
This is an enhancement to already existing support for Cisco CBQoS. Now, NetFlow analyzer lets users create child policies under parent policies and also, CBQoS reports can be exported as PDF
- Geo Locations reports of IP Addresses
Resolves and groups IP addresses into groups of countries. Lists the traffic usage and bandwidth utilization of the link by the IP address from separate countries
- Single Click Scheduling Option
Scheduling the reports have made much easier. It can be done with a single click on the report that has been generated.
- Network Layout using google maps and Google map widgets
Devices can be located on google maps and a click on the link between devices will give details about the link utilization and more. It also gives an easy understanding of the geographic distribution of your network devices. Read more...
- More Graphical Widgets and some new Widgets added in Dashboard
The widgets have become more graphical, it is now easier to interpret data.
- Sampling rate accounted during the flow calculation
Flow calculation also takes sampling rate(defined by the network administrator) into account
- Global search for IP Address link
Type in the IP address of the source / destination / network... or any of the given choices and Voila! you will get Traffic IN and Traffic OUT details for the particular IP address
- Operator specific Dashboard permissions
Operators and guest accounts can also create dashboards
- Top N AS reports
- Last 15, 30 Min reports
- 1, 5, 15 Min averages in traffic report
- Consolidated report for a device
Service pack to move to NetFlow Analyzer 9.5
"NetFlow Analyzer has helped us reduce the time taken to isolate and
contain threats like worms and virus attacks. It has also helped us to solve network incidents faster, and do better capacity planning."
Fred Hassard, Sr. Network Engineer, Adventist Health