MS SQL Server Log Auditing Tool
Auditing database activities manually is a herculean task. The best way to accomplish this effectively is with a comprehensive solution that simplifies and automates the database and activity monitoring. The solution should also enable database administrators to monitor, track, instantly identify the root cause of any operational issues and also detect unauthorized access to confidential data in real-time.
Auditing MS SQL Server logs with EventLog Analyzer
ManageEngine's EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive database activity monitoring tool that helps you monitor all database activities, accesses, and server account changes in your MS SQL server database. Highlights of EventLog Analyzer:
- Out-of-box reports: Prepackaged reports that give detailed information on DML and DDL query auditing.
- Real-time alerts: Instant alerts on unauthorized access to confidential data or to the database server, itself.
- SQL server management: Efficient management of MS SQL Server accounts, including monitoring of any changes to the privileged user accounts with detailed reports and instant alerts.
- Intuitive dashboard: Informative reports dashboard that allows you to drill down to raw log level, and view the log content as collected from the machine, facilitating easy root cause analysis. Read more »
SQL Server DDL auditing reports:
- Monitor and track the changes happening at the database structural level, such as changes to the tables, views, procedures, triggers, schema, and more.
- With intuitive graphical reports, get the details of who made what change, when, and from where.
- Get real-time email or SMS notifications on any DDL level changes. Read more »
Created Databases | Dropped Databases | Altered Databases | Created Tables | Dropped Tables | Altered Tables | Created Views | Dropped Views | Altered Views | Created Stored Procedures | Dropped Stored Procedures | Altered Stored Procedures | Created Index | Dropped Index | Altered Index | Created Triggers | Dropped Triggers | Altered Triggers | Created Schemas | Altered Schemas | Dropped Schemas
Auditing SQL Server DML Activities:
- Audit functional-level activities happening in your database with EventLog Analyzer's predefined reports.
- Get to know when functional queries are executed, who executed them, and from where.
- Instantly track all change activities such as data being viewed, updated, deleted, or new entries being added to your confidential data. Read more »
Selected Tables | Inserted Tables | Updated Tables | Deleted Tables | Execute Command | Recieve Command | Check reference command executed | Inserted Schemas | Selected Schemas | Updated Schemas | Deleted Schemas
Auditing SQL Server Accounts:
Managing and auditing database server accounts is critical in setting up authorizations for resources both inside and out of your database. EventLog Analyzer simplifies your database account management with real-time alerts and predefined reports to:
- Track every change made to any account with respect to the users, logons and logoffs, passwords, and more.
- Know when a privileged account is created, deleted, or modified.
- Audit logon and logoff activities, and learn the reasons behind logon failures.
- Instantly know when the password of a critical account gets changed, and more. Read more »
User Created | User Dropped | User Altered | Login Created | Login Dropped | Login Altered | DataBase Role Created | DataBase Role Dropped | DataBase Role Altered | Application Role Created | Application Role Dropped | Application Role Altered | Credential Created | Credential Dropped | Credential Altered | Own Password Changes | Failed Own password changes | Password changes | Password changes Failed | Password resets | Password resets Failed | Own password resets | Failed Own password resets | Unlocked accounts | Enabled users | Disabled users
Auditing SQL Server Activities:
- With EventLog Analyzer's on-the-fly reports, quickly audit MS SQL Server activities such as startups, shutdowns, logons, logon failures, and more.
- Get detailed reports on database backup, restoration, audit, audit specifications, administrator authorities, and more.
- Learn the frequency of logon activities of your database, and visualize trend patterns of any logon failures. Read more »
Database backup report | Database restoration report | Transaction log backup report | Admin authority changes report | Permission changes report | Owner Changes report | Created server roles | Dropped server roles | Altered server roles | Created Server Audits | Dropped Server Audits | Altered server audits | Created Server Audit Specifications | Dropped Server Audit Specifications | Altered Server Audit Specifications | Created Database Audit Specifications | Dropped Database Audit Specifications | Altered Database Audit Specifications | Changed Audit Sessions | Shutdown and Failure Audits | Trace Audit C2 On | Trace Audit C2 Off | Started Trace Audits | Stopped Trace Audits | Server Startups | Server shutdowns | Logons | Failure logons | Logout Accounts | Top logons based on user | Top logons based on remote hosts | Top failure logons based on users | Top failure logons based on remote hosts | Logons Trend | Failed Logons Trend | Event Trend report
Mitigate SQL Server Security Attacks:
EventLog Analyzer helps mitigate external and internal security breaches by providing detailed reports and real-time alerts on various security attacks that can occur in your database.This solution:
- Provides detailed reports on SQL injection and denial of service attacks, to help you conduct detailed forensic analysis on how the attack happened.
- Alerts you in real time about important events including account lockouts, privilege abuses, unauthorized copying of sensitive data, and more, thus helping you to instantly react to security breaches. Read more »
Privilege abuses | Unauthorized copies of sensitive data | Account Lockouts | Storage media exposure | SQL Injection | Denial of Service
To know more about SQL auditing, download our free solution brief SQL server auditing with EventLog Analyzer