How to import devices from a CSV or text file?
Here are the steps to discover a large number of nodes/networks by importing them from a CSV file.
- Create a csv file with the details of name/ipaddress of the device, displayname and device type.
- Click on Setting > Discovery to go to the Device Discovery page. Browse and load the CSV file.
- Once it gets loaded, you can see field details, 'Configure fields from CSV file'.
- The file is parsed and the headers are shown on the right hand side.
- Once you see the headers for each row, you can map the required fields to the csv file.
- Click 'Ok'.
- Click 'Next' and proceed with the discovery process.
Note: DeviceName/IP header is a must for CSV file and other header fields are optional.