Troubleshooting problems arising in vCenter Discovery
Please check the below points if you're having problem with vCenter discovery in OpManager.
- Provide the same credential for the vCenter in OpManager which is used for MOB connection/vSphere client.
- Check whether the given IP Address/DNS Name/VMware credentials are valid.
- If Discovery fails with DNS name, then try with IP Address.
- Check whether the vCenter Server is being discovered by vCenter discovery and if it is Host type discovery, then ESX Host should be discovered by ESX discovery method in discovery page.
- Check if the same vCenter/ESX is already added with 'Unknown device' /Unknown Virtual Type in OpManager inventory page.
- Check whether the Proxy Server Settings in OpManager is disabled. If it is enabled, then OpManager will not be able to connect with vCenter/ESX host.
- With vCenter 6, two new settings are now available under the ESXi Host Advanced System Settings page:
- i) Security.AccountLockFailures:
Maximum allowed failed login attempts before locking out a user’s account.
- ii) Security.AccountUnlockTime:
Duration in seconds to lock out a user’s account after exceeding the maximum allowed failed login attempts.
- Sometimes it might be violated even if you provide valid credential and will throw invalid Login exception. You can increase it from Configuration > Security.