Event ID 4720 - A user account was created
|Sub category||User account management|
|Description||Password Policy Checking API is called|
When a user account is created in Active Directory, event ID 4720 is logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
|New Account: Created user account ||Security ID
|Attributes (of the new account): ||SAM Account Name
User Principal Name
Password Last Set
Primary Group ID
Allowed To Delegate To
Old UAC Value
New UAC Value
User Account Control:
Why event ID 4720 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus alerts and tracks User Lifecycle Changes like creation, deletion, and modification of user accounts in real-time which makes Active Directory auditing much easier.
Event 4270 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
Corresponding event ID for 4720 in Windows Server 2003 and older is 624