Event ID 4725 - A user account was disabled
|Sub category||User account management|
|Description||A user account was disabled|
When a user account is disabled in Active Directory, event ID 4725 gets logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||Security ID
|Target Account: Disabled user account||Security ID
Why event ID 4725 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus makes Active Directory auditing very easy by tracking User Status Changes like user enabled or disabled in a selected period of time in real-time with the help of pre-defined reports and instant alerts
Event 4725 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
Corresponding event ID for 4725 in Windows Server 2003 and older is 629