24119: Issued a change database encryption key command
Database encryption key is necessary before encrypting a database using Transparent Database Encryption (TDE). The database, when encrypted transparently, is done so at the file level. Event 24119 occurs when a command to change an encryption key for a database in an SQL server has been issued. It is generated by the DATABASE_OBJECT_CHANGE_GROUP action group. Important information can be derived from this event including the:
- Date and time at which the event occurred.
- Session identifier of the event.
- Privileged user who performed the action.
- Server and database associated with the event.
- ID and name of the target object (in this case, the encryption key).