24083: Issued a change server principal password policy command
SQL servers can use the password policy mechanisms of Windows Active Directory. The password policy applies to the credentials of SQL server as well as the databases contained in the SQL server. Event 24083 occurs when a command to change the password policy of an SQL server principal has been issued. This event is generated by the SERVER_PRINCIPAL_CHANGE_GROUP action group. Important information can be derived from this event including the:
- Date and time at which the event occurred.
- Session identifier of the event.
- Privileged user who performed the action.
- Server associated with the event.
- ID, name and type of the target object (in this case, the SQL server login).