24288: Issued a create user-defined server role command
Server roles are similar to 'groups' in Windows Active Directory. They are used to manage user permissions at the SQL server level. Server level principals can be added to appropriate server roles based on the permissions to be granted to them. Event 24288 occurs when a command to create a user-defined server role has been issued in an SQL server. It is generated by the SERVER_PRINCIPAL_CHANGE_GROUP action group. Administrators can derive important information from this event including the:
- Date and time at which the event occurred.
- Session identifier of the event.
- Privileged user who performed the action.
- Server associated with the event.
- ID, name, and type of the target object (in this case, the server role).