24120: Issued a delete database encryption key command
Database encryption key is necessary before encrypting a database using Transparent Database Encryption (TDE). The database, when encrypted transparently, is encrypted at the file level. Event 24120 occurs when a command to delete an encryption key from a database in an SQL server has been issued. It is generated by the DATABASE_OBJECT_CHANGE_GROUP action group. Important information can be derived from this event including the:
- Date and time at which the event occurred.
- Session identifier of the event.
- Privileged user who performed the action.
- Server and database associated with the event.
- ID and name of the target object (in this case, the encryption key).