24120: Issued a delete database encryption key command
Database encryption key is necessary before encrypting a database using Transparent Database Encryption (TDE). The database, when encrypted transparently, is encrypted at the file level. Event 24120 occurs when a command to delete an encryption key from a database in an SQL server has been issued. It is generated by the DATABASE_OBJECT_CHANGE_GROUP action group. Important information can be derived from this event including the:
- Date and time at which the event occurred.
- Session identifier of the event.
- Privileged user who performed the action.
- Server and database associated with the event.
- ID and name of the target object (in this case, the encryption key).
MS SQL Server Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.