24294:Issued deny user-defined server role permissions with cascade command
Server roles are similar to 'groups' in Windows Active Directory. They are used to manage user permissions at the SQL server level. Server level principals can be added to appropriate server roles based on the permissions to be granted to them. Event 24294 occurs when a command to deny user-defined server role permissions (including cascade of permissions) to a user has been issued. It is generated by the SERVER_OBJECT_PERMISSION_GROUP action group. Administrators can derive important information from this event including the:
- Date and time at which the event occurred.
- Session identifier of the event.
- Privileged user who performed the action.
- Server associated with the event.
- ID, name, and permission bitmask of the target object (in this case, the server role).
MS SQL Server Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.