24236: Issued grant certificate permissions with grant command
A certificate is a digitally signed security object that contains a public key and in some cases, a private key, of an SQL server. Event 24236 occurs when a command to grant certificate permissions (including the privilege to assign permissions to other users) to a user has been issued. It is generated by the DATABASE_OBJECT_PERMISSION_CHANGE_GROUP action group. Important information can be derived from this event including the:
- Date and time at which the event occurred.
- Session identifier of the event.
- Privileged user who performed the action.
- Server and database associated with the event.
- ID, name, and permission bitmask of the target object (in this case, the certificate
MS SQL Server Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools