24292: Issued grant user-defined server role permissions with grant command
Server roles are similar to 'groups' in Windows Active Directory. They are used to manage user permissions at the SQL server level. Server level principals can be added to appropriate server roles based on the permissions to be granted to them. Event 24292 occurs when a command to grant user-defined server role permissions (including the privilege to grant permissions to other users) to a user has been issued. It is generated by the SERVER_OBJECT_PERMISSION_GROUP action group. Administrators can derive important information from this event including the:
- Date and time at which the event occurred.
- Session identifier of the event.
- Privileged user who performed the action.
- Server associated with the event.
- ID, name, and permission bitmask of the target object (in this case, the server role).