24218: Issued revoke database role permissions command
Database roles are similar to 'groups' in Windows Active Directory. They are used to manage user permissions at the database level. Database level principals can be added to appropriate database roles based on the permissions to be granted to them. Server roles can also be added to database roles. Event 24218 occurs when a command to revoke database role permissions from a user has been issued. It is generated by the DATABASE_OBJECT_PERMISSION_CHANGE_GROUP action group. Important information can be derived from this event including the:
- Date and time at which the event occurred.
- Session identifier of the event.
- Privileged user who performed the action.
- Server and database associated with the event.
- ID, name, and permission bitmask of the target object (in this case, the database role).
MS SQL Server Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.