24166: Revoke server permissions succeeded
The permissions for an object are defined in its security descriptor. Event 24166 occurs when SQL server permissions are revoked from a user successfully. Action groups consist of all the relevant events together, making it easy for an administrator to identify an event's type just by looking at its action group. This event is generated by the SERVER_PERMISSION_CHANGE_GROUP action group. Important information can be derived from this event including the:
- Date and time at which the event occurred.
- Session identifier of the event.
- Privileged user who performed the action.
- Server associated with the event.
- Name and permission bitmask of the target object (in this case, the SQL server login).