24020: Add member to database role succeeded
Database roles are similar to 'groups' in Windows Active Directory. They are used to manage user permissions at the database level. Database level principals can be added to appropriate database roles based on the permissions to be granted to them. Server roles can also be added to database roles. Event 24020 occurs when a member is successfully added to a database role. It is generated by the DATABASE_ROLE_MEMBER_CHANGE_GROUP action group. Important information can be derived from this event including the:
- Date and time at which the event occurred.
- Session identifier of the event.
- Privileged user who performed the action.
- Database to which the database role belongs.
- Name and domain name of the added member.
- ID and name of the database role, to which the member was added.