24016: Add member to SQL server role succeeded
Server roles are similar to 'groups' in Windows Active Directory. They are used to manage user permissions at the SQL server level. Server level principals can be added to appropriate server roles based on the permissions to be granted to them. Event 24016 occurs when a member is successfully added to a server role. It is generated by the SERVER_ROLE_MEMBER_CHANGE_GROUP action group. Important information can be derived from this event including the:
- Date and time at which the event occurred.
- Session identifier of the event.
- Privileged user who performed the action.
- Server to which the server role belongs.
- Name of the member added.
- ID and name of the server role, to which the member was added.