24024: Issued database backup command
Enterprises store confidential information in databases, especially data related to customers. Protecting this confidential data from internal threats is as important as safeguarding the information from external attacks. A malicious insider, who has not yet been denied access to an important database, might make use of the security loopholes to back up the entire database in their desired system. So, it's essential for security administrators to keep an eye on such unauthorized backups by monitoring specific events in the SQL server. Event 24024 occurs when a command to backup a database in an SQL server has been issued. It is generated by the BACKUP_RESTORE_GROUP action group. Important information can be derived from this event including the:
- Date and time at which backup occurred.
- Session identifier of the event.
- Privileged user who performed the action.
- Database that is involved in the back up.
MS SQL Server Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools