24019: Remove member from server role failed
Server roles are similar to 'groups' in Windows Active Directory. They are used to manage user permissions at the SQL server level. Server level principals can be added to appropriate server roles based on the permissions to be granted to them. Event 24019 occurs when an attempt to remove a member from a server role fails. It is generated by the SERVER_ROLE_MEMBER_CHANGE_GROUP action group. Administrators can derive important information from this event including the:
- Date and time at which the event occurred.
- Session identifier of the event.
- Privileged user who performed the action.
- Server to which the server role belongs.
- Name of the member attempted to be removed.
- ID and name of the server role, from which member removal was attempted.