Bind ADSelfService Plus to run on a specific virtual IP address
You can configure ADSelfService Plus to run on specific IP address.
Step 1: Create a virtual IP Address on the machine where ADSelfService Plus is running.
- Start → Settings → Control Panel → Open Network connection.
- Right click Local Area connection and select Properties.
- In the dialog box that opens, select Internet Protocol Version 4 [TCP/IPv4] and click Properties.
- Click Advanced.
- Under IP addresses, click Add and set a new IP Address.
Step 2: Bind ADSelfService Plus to specific IP address
- Stop ADSelfService Plus
- Start → All Programs → ADSelfService Plus → Stop ADSelfService Plus.
- If you have installed ADSelfService Plus as a service, then stop the service (Start → Run → type Services.msc → Stop ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus).
- Open the file system_properties.conf found in <install_dir>/conf (By default: C:\ManageEngine\ADSelfService Plus\conf) using a text editor of your choice (take a backup of the file before editing it).
- Add the entry provided below:
- Save the file.
Step 3: Bind IIS to specific IP address:
If the machine in which ADSelfService Plus has been installed is also running IIS, then follow the steps given below:
- Open Command Prompt (Start → Run → Type cmd and click OK).
- Execute the following command:
netsh http delete iplisten ipaddress=<Ip address>.
- Restart IIS.
Step 4: Change the port number in ADSelfService Plus to use the default port:
- Backup server.xml file located at <installation_dir>\conf (By default: C:\ManageEngine\ADSelfService Plus\conf) folder.
- Login to ADSelfService Plus.
- Navigate to Admin → Product Settings → Connection.
- Change ADSelfService Plus Port [http] to 80.
- If you have SSL [https] enabled, then set its port no to 443.
- Click Save.
- Now Start ADSelfService Plus and then check whether you are able to access the product by typing the URL as http://<Ip_address> (Example: http://172.16.12.3).
Need further assistance? Fill this form, and we'll contact you rightaway.
Free Active Directory users from attending lengthy help desk calls by allowing them to self-service their password resets/ account unlock tasks. Hassle-free password change for Active Directory users with ADSelfService Plus ‘Change Password’ console.
Get seamless one-click access to 100+ cloud applications. With enterprise single sign-on, users can access all their cloud applications with their Active Directory credentials. Thanks to ADSelfService Plus!
Intimate Active Directory users of their impending password/account expiry by mailing them these password/account expiry notifications.
Synchronize Windows Active Directory user password/account changes across multiple systems, automatically, including Office 365, G Suite, IBM iSeries and more.
Ensure strong user passwords that resist various hacking threats with ADSelfService Plus by enforcing Active Directory users to adhere to compliant passwords via displaying password complexity requirements.
Portal that lets Active Directory users update their latest information and a quick search facility to scout for information about peers by using search keys, like contact number, of the personality being searched.