The power of 360 degree ITSM
Organizations are increasingly reliant on digital initiatives, like mobile applications and IoT devices, to gain a competitive advantage. While this pushes technological boundaries, the success of these initiatives lies in their reliability over time. Behind the scenes, the IT team ensures the reliability of business operations.
However, even some of the most robust IT teams struggle because they have a different tool for each section of their IT infrastructure (application, network, server, database, etc.) with no integration between these solutions. This
siloed approach forces IT admins to wade through a multitude of reports, notifications,
and alerts without gaining real-time, contextual visibility into what is happening in their IT environment. A non-integrated IT environment will eventually lead to inconsistent service delivery, a sub-optimal user experience, and
in service restoration.
Since the IT service desk acts as a bridge between the business and the IT department, the service desk team understands the practical value IT provides for the business. Integrating your IT environment with the service desk as the epicenter allows IT admins to gain real-time visibility into your organization's IT infrastructure. This approach helps streamline incidents, reports, notifications, alarms, and alerts by channelling them through the service desk to be categorized, prioritized, and assigned to corresponding technicians accordingly.
In essence, an integrated IT service desk bolsters the ITSM team by expanding their boundaries across all IT functions, thereby providing more value to the business. The top priorities for IT admins in the near future show why ITSM integrations are indispensable.
75% want to use more automation
68% want to increase their service desk's value to the business
66% want to improve service desk performance
Benefits of ITSM integrations
Complex tasks to simple workflows:
For services like onboarding a new user, multiple teams come into play, including HR, legal, facilities, payroll, and IT. The various activities involved are performed in a particular sequence, where each team delivers a part of the service. An integrated service desk takes down the fences between departments, and strings the tasks into simplified, automated workflows so no complexities create errors or delays in service delivery.
Daily firefighting to optimal performance
It reflects poorly on the IT team when an end user is the first one to notice a problem in the network or a server. One employee being unable to access their email could snowball into an influx of tickets, and you may end up pulling support team members from other tasks so they can extinguish the fire. Establishing a system that automatically creates a ticket in the service desk when there is an anomaly in the performance of IT infrastructure is a lot smarter and much less stressful.
Better visibility and control over endpoints
ITSM integrations with endpoint management tools can increase technician efficiency, enable proactive problem management, and even improve the user experience. While technicians can manage assets and deploy patches and software packages remotely to IT assets within a ticket, users benefit from more effective troubleshooting as technicians can take control of their assets right from tickets.
Empower end users with self-service
Self-service is touted as the cheapest method of handling tickets,* and every organization wants to lower its ITSM costs. Thanks to service desk integrations with Active Directory management tools, it is possible to let your users change their passwords, update their details, and unlock accounts by themselves. An integration with an endpoint management application also gives users the liberty to manage their software downloads from the service catalog. All this helps to reduce costs without sacrificing the user experience.
Achieve a lot more with less
Equipping your ITSM with AI capabilities like a virtual agent can make users feel engaged in their self-service actions and make IT admins more confident of their decisions. AI-enabled capabilities in ITSM can free up to 30 percent of your support capacity. An AI-enabled chatbot can be robust first line support, where it can log, assist, route, automate, and even resolve the questions that it receives.
Perform better service with deeper insights
Gaining a deeper understanding of the way your service desk performs can set you on the path to better performance. However, to gain such an understanding, you need an integrated business intelligence tool that can derive insights, reports, and visuals from service desk data. Integration with an analytics tool can help you answer the critical management questions you face and show you how to steer your service desk team in the right direction.
Measure and upscale the employee experience with user satisfaction surveys
By gauging end-user feedback, IT administrators can identify the gaps in their service management strategy and correct course before it is too late. While ITSM solutions may offer built-in survey capabilities, integrations with survey software can help you craft survey workflows packed with automations and custom forms that collect accurate information. These integrations also offer the ability to dive deep into survey responses and discover actionable insights that help IT teams deliver a consistent employee experience.
The native IT integrations of ServiceDesk Plus
ServiceDesk Plus offers powerful native integrations with industry-leading apps from ManageEngine to give you a 360-degree view and control of your IT infrastructure. Be it managing networks, applications, and desktops from your IT help desk console, or accessing advanced service desk analytics, it's all possible with ServiceDesk Plus.
ManageEngine Endpoint Central (formerly Desktop Central): Control your endpoints from your service desk console
- Fast troubleshooting: Interact with users by launching remote sessions right from within tickets to resolve their issues, improving technician productivity.
- Automation for better control: Trigger software installation and uninstallation on end-user workstations from within your service desk console.
ManageEngine Applications Manager: Optimize the performance of your servers and applications
- Keep your applications running: Ensure minimum disruptions by resolving issues before they affect your business. A ticket is automatically raised when a performance anomaly occurs in servers and applications, and the appropriate
technician is notified.
- Informed decision-making: Automatically map modifications in your IT infrastructure to your CMDB so you can predict the impact of any activity.
ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus: Empower your end users with self-service actions on password resets and more
- Effective self-service: Enable your users to take care of simple requests like passwords resets, updating their personal details, and account unlocks by integrating your service desk with your organization's Active Directory.
- Boost productivity: Spare your technicians from frequent low-level requests and let them focus on more critical tasks, thereby improving service desk performance.
ManageEngine ADManager Plus: Perform user management tasks right from your service desk console
- Simplify user management: Save time and effort by enabling technicians to handle AD accounts for user provisioning, de-provisioning, and other changes in a secure, non-invasive manner within the service desk console.
ManageEngine Password Manager Pro: Securely initiate remote sessions
on user assets
- Automate authentication: Eliminate redundant efforts without compromising security while taking control of user assets. Troubleshoot remotely via RDP and SSH from the service desk, and save time by automating the authentication process.
ManageEngine Analytics Plus: Lead service operations using business intelligence
- Powerful insights: Gain deep understanding of your service desk performance without breaking a sweat with code-free report generation. Make critical decisions on your service strategy based on valuable information.
ManageEngine OpManager: Respond to network faults faster
- Instant notifications: Proactively manage network issues before they impact business continuity. Automate ticket creation and assignment when an alarm is raised.
Zia: Employ a virtual agent as your first
- Conversational AI assistant: Make it easy for your users to get in touch with the IT help desk by simply conversing with Zia. Configure Zia to log tickets, add notes, and perform other custom actions.
- Intelligent search: Ask Zia questions about service desk stats and get instant answers.
- Proactive alerts: Identify performance issues with your servers and reduce your mean time to repair (MTTR) from within ServiceDesk Plus using IT Automation, and seamlessly log tickets in your ServiceDesk Plus portal when an issue is identified in your cloud infrastructure.
- Seamless control: Once incidents are resolved in Site24x7, tickets are automatically closed in your ServiceDesk Plus portal. Track and manage tickets efficiently by designating them to technicians, resolve issues faster, and increase the overall productivity of your IT staff.
Measure and fine-tune the performance of your service desk based on end-user feedback
- Advanced template builder: Create survey forms on a drag-and-drop canvas using over 25 different types of questions and 250 customizable templates.
- Custom survey workflows: Define rules to trigger surveys based on one or more conditions. Create dynamic survey forms by showing or hiding fields based on end-user responses.
- Data-driven decision-making: Quantify end-user responses using default, custom, and trend reports. Craft custom reports with visualizations and share them with your team.
The business integrations of ServiceDesk Plus
ServiceDesk Plus offers convenient integrations that connect your ITSM with your organization's business processes. Build a service experience where your business tools interact seamlessly with the service desk, reducing the gap between service management and business processes. ServiceDesk Plus integrates with the top business applications, and with its REST APIs, you can expand your ITSM boundaries anywhere.
Microsoft Outlook: Access the IT service desk right from your mailbox
- Handle tickets from your inbox: Let technicians manage tickets that come through email right from their mailbox instead of switching to ServiceDesk Plus. From converting emails into ServiceDesk Plus tickets, to picking them up and closing them with First Call Resolved, the add-in helps technicians manage tickets across their life cycle, all from within their Outlook mailbox.
- A more accessible help desk: The ability to access support from an Outlook mailbox, where the majority of work takes places, makes sense for end users. Users can create tickets and track them using the ServiceDesk Plus pane inside their mailbox.
Office 365 actionable messages: Act on tickets from your mailbox
- Manage tickets within email notifications: Let users and technicians interact with tickets right from the email notifications triggered by ServiceDesk Plus. Equip emails with actionable elements for picking up requests, adding notes, replying to requesters, closing tickets, and a lot more.
Microsoft Teams: Provide support right where work takes place
- Support through tabs: Provide IT support from a tab in your organization's Microsoft Teams workspace. Users and technicians can quickly get their issues resolved without ever leaving the workspace. From picking up tickets to initiating remote sessions for diagnosis, Microsoft Teams and ServiceDesk Plus are fully equipped to provide a unified environment for your business and your IT support.
Atlassian Jira: Create a bridge between Jira and ServiceDesk Plus
- Link Jira issues with ServiceDesk Plus requests: Automatically create a record in Jira from an end user's request or an incident from ServiceDesk Plus.
Service desk APIs: Widen your service
- Connect with any third-party app: With web-based APIs that are easy to integrate with the third-party applications that keep your business running, you can seamlessly exchange data between ServiceDesk Plus and your business tools.
Office 365 Calendar: Easily keep track of your busy schedule
- Sync your work schedule: Any reminders, tasks, time off requests, or other activities can be updated on either the Office 365 or ServiceDesk Plus calendar; the change will be reflected on both calendars so you won't miss out on anything.
Zoho Cliq: Easily access service desk tickets directly from your chat window
- Manage tickets faster than ever: Create incident and service requests conveniently from Zoho Cliq using simple chat commands. Facilitate better incident management and improve service delivery by viewing open tickets and diving into ticket information instantly without switching between multiple windows.
Zoho Voice: Make calls conveniently from the service desk and save time
- Connect swiftly with the ZDialer extension: Call your end users quicker than ever with the Zoho Voice extension by using the click-to-dial popup and auto-detect phone number.
- Utilize advanced cloud telephony features: Enable technicians to focus on end users' needs and ace customer support with IVRs, call queues, call recording, call transfers, live call monitoring, business hours, holiday configuration, and more.