How to Install Endpoint Central agents using GPO light-weight tool?
Windows GPO is a powerful and versatile tool. Endpoint Central agent can be installed using the GPO light-weight tool. Follow the steps given below to create a Group policy and link it with OUs and Domains.
- Download and extract the Agent Installer files.
- Navigate to Agent tab
- Click Agent Installation on the left pane
- Under Using Active Directory, in the GPO tab, click on Download Agent.
- Select the required remote office.
- Save the .msi and .mst in a folder location.
- Kindly include DCAgentServerInfo.json file only if the build version is 10.1.2124.1 and above.
- Kindly include DMRootCA.crt and DMRootCA-Server.crt only if the build version is 10.0.653 and above.
- Download GPO_Tool.ps1 on the location where the .msi and .mst files are saved.
- If you want to configure the policy using VB script, then download and save the script InstallAgent.vbs on the same location.
- In case you want to configure the policy using PowerShell script, then download and save the script PSInstallAgent.ps1 on the same location.
- Run windows PowerShell in administrative mode and navigate to that script (GPO_Tool.ps1) location, then execute the script with arguments as mentioned below.
For vb script configuration: .\GPO_Tool.ps1 UEMSAgent.msi UEMSAgent.mst InstallAgent.vbs
For PowerShell script configuration: .\GPO_Tool.ps1 UEMSAgent.msi UEMSAgent.mst PSInstallAgent.ps1
- In the PowerShell window, enter the name of the GPO to be created and press Enter.
- After creating the GPO, enter the distinguished name of the OU or Domainto be linked with. Follow the steps mentioned below to get the distinguished name:
- Open Active directory users and computers in Administrative tools.
- Under View, enable Advanced Features.
- Right click on the OU / Domain which you want to be linked with.
- Select Properties -> Attribute Editor -> distinguishedName -> View
- Copy and paste the value of distinguishedName in the powershell window and press enter.
- Now paste the copied distinguished name in the PowerShell window and click Enter.
- If you want to 'Add' another Domain, press y and repeat step 5. Else, press n to end the process.
If you still find issues with installing the agents, then feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com.