ManageEngine® Password Manager Pro -
Upgrade Pack Download
The latest PMP version is 6.9 (Build 6900). If you are using an earlier version, you need to apply upgradepack. How do I find my build number?
Download Upgrade Pack | Upgradepack Instructions
Instructions to apply the Upgrade Pack
- In Windows, right-click the PMP tray icon and then click "Exit"
- Shutdown the PasswordManager Pro Server service, if running. Check if mysql process is running. If so, terminate that process
- IMPORTANT: Take a copy of the entire Password Manager Pro installation folder before applying the upgrade pack and keep it in some other location. If something goes wrong with the PMP upgrade, you can rely on the copy. All your settings will remain intact. Additionally, if you are using MS SQL server as back-end database, take a backup of the Password Manager Pro database before applying the upgradepack.
- The upgrade Pack is to be applied through a tool named UpdateManager bundled with PasswordManager Pro. Navigate to <PMP_Installation_Folder>/bin directory and execute UpdateManager.bat (in Windows) or UpdateManager.sh (in Linux) to start the Update Manager.
- If you are applying multiple upgrade packs one-by-one, exit the Update Manager tool after applying one upgrade pack and make sure that the database process is not running. Then proceed with running the Update Manager tool to apply the next upgrade pack and so on
- Click Browse and select .ppm file that you downloaded. Click Install to install the upgrade pack. Wait until the upgrade pack is fully installed. [Normally, it takes a few minutes for PPM installation]
- Click Close and then click Exit to exit the Update Manager tool. If you are applying more than one upgradepack, apply them one-by-one and follow this step after applying each upgradepack
- After applying the upgrade pack, check if database process is running. If it is running, terminate that process
- Start the PasswordManager Pro server / service
- Once you upgrade to the latest version, the High Availability set up has to be reconfigured again. The old HA set up will not work. In addition, the existing secondary server has to be uninstalled and a new secondary server has to be installed. You may download a fresh, full build and install it as SECONDARY.
If you need any assistance or clarifications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I find out my Build number?
Log in to the PasswordManager Pro web interface, and click the About link in the top pane. You will find the build number mentioned below the version number. This is the build number of the currently installed PasswordManager Pro.
"Password Manager Pro is an excellent choice for password management.
The application is reliable, dependable, and the support is fantastic. I am confident in the security the application provides at a fraction of the cost of alternatives."
Don Garvey, Director of Operations BlueVault, USA.