How to reset Mobile Device Manager Plus password?
This will explain how to reset the Mobile Device Manager Plus password. If User roles are authenticated with Active Directory Domain authentication, then you can reset the password of a technician or an admin by changing the AD password, else follow the steps mentioned below:
Reset password for a Technician/Admin using an Admin User
You can reset the password of a Technician by using an Admin user role. The following steps will explain how to reset the password for a technician:
- Login to Mobile Device Manager Plus using an account with admin privilege.
- Click Admin tab.
- Under Global Settings select User Administration.
- Under User, select the Technician/Admin.
- Under Action click on change password button to reset the password.
- Click Change to save changes.
You have successfully changed the password of the technician/admin.
Reset password for an Admin using a Tool
You can reset the default admin password of Mobile Device Manager Plus by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Services.msc and stop ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager Plus.
- Go to the command prompt.
- Navigate to <Install_Dir>\MDMServer\bin directory.
- Execute resetPassword.bat
- From the options listed, choose the operation
- View all existing users
- Change password
- Choose 2 to reset password.
- Specify the username and change the password
- Start the Mobile Device Manager Plus service from Services.msc
- Login using local authentication, with username and password as admin
After resetting the password (for local admin user/ Domain user), the login will be converted as local authentication. You can modify the authentication as Domain Authentication and reset the password using User Administration under Admin tab