How to restrict users from downloading attachments in corporate emails?
The safety of the corporate documents becomes an organizations top most priority when they allow users to access these from their personal devices. Users should not be able to download these attachments on to their devices and then later use any personal apps to access them. Mobile Device Manager Plus allows admins to restrict the download of attachments from corporate apps while only allowing the users to view them.
- Android devices enrolled as a Profile Owner and with the Work Profile enabled.
- Android for Work must be configured and gmail app approved on the Androif for Work portal.
To disable the download of email attachments, follow the steps given below:
- Click the Device Management tab and navigate to the App Repository.
- Click on the gmail app that has been added from the Android for Work portal.
- Under the Permissions tab, Deny the storage permission, thereby not giving the app access to the device storage.
- You can also add the required configurations to the app and distribute it to the devices.
- To further fortify the data security, navigate to the profiles option and create a profile with the following settings.
- Prevent the users from adding new accounts to the devices by restricting add accounts under device functionality.
- Restrict the screenshot, clipboard and clipboard share options under security.