Creating a remote office with distribution server
To create a remote office in Desktop Central, follow the steps given below,
- Go to Admin tab --> Remote Office under Global Settings and select Add Remote office. You can refer this document to know more details on creating a remote office in Desktop Central.
- Specify a unique name for remote offiice and add Desktop Central server details.
- In the communication details, select Through Distribution Server. Note that OS deployment across remote offices can be performed only through Distribution server. Distribution server acts as a communication layer between Desktop Central server and remote office computers. It also replicates the images from local office to remote office.
- Specify the required details of distribution server.
- The next step is configure OS deployment settings to deploy OS in remote offices. Refer this document to know about configuring OS deployment settings.