Customizing Image Deployment by creating deployment templates
Every organisation has its own user and department needs. For each department the administrator would want to provide a specific OS with a particular set of applications and this requirement will vary accordingly. You can customize the captured image by creating deployment templates, where you can select the disk partitions, configure the settings to be performed after successful deployment and define the computer settings like adding computer under domain, adding user accounts, installing applications to the target computers etc.,
- For administrators working in hospitals, you might have various departments like radiology, pharmaceutical, biotechnology etc., you can customize deployment for each department by creating different deployment templates.
- For administrators working in school/college, for each department students you can create different deployment templates. Say you have created a deployment template for Science students, whenever a new student joins, you can use the created deployment template
Steps to create deployment templates
The templates creation involves the following steps,
Configuring Template Details
- Under Images, select Deployment template under Customize Deployment.
- Select Create Deployment Template
- Specify a unique name for the template
- Select the captured image which you want to customize. You will be able to view the list of images in the repository, select the image which you want to customize.
- Select the partitions which you want to deploy from the availble disk partitions in the captured image.
- Specify the target hard disk/BIOS number where you want to deploy the image. To find the hard disk's number follow the steps given below,
- Open command prompt
- Execute the command "diskpart".
- Execute the command "list disk". View the hard disk details and specify the target disk number to deploy image.
Post Deployment activities
While customising the image for deployment you can configure some actions to be performed after deployment. Refer this document to know more about the post deployment activities.
After customizing the image for deployment, the next step is to deploy the image on target computers. Refer this document to know about how to deploy images.