Configuring OS Deployment settings
- After specifying the details of distribution server while creating a remote office, the next step is to configure OS deployment settings.
- Enable Install OS deployment components. This will install the OS deployment components in the distribution server of the created remote office. It is mandatory to enable this option to perform OS deployment across remote offices.
- Select the Replication policy under Admin tab to select the desired replication policy to replicate the images from the local office to the remote office. To create a new policy, select the Create Policy button. You will be redirected to create policy tab. Follow the steps given below to create the replication policy,
- Select Create policy.
- Specify a unique policy name.
- Select the data transfer rate. Desktop Central sever will replicate the images from local office to remote office using the bandwith selected here.
- Select the replication interval. This is the time interval each distribution server uses to contact the Desktop central server.
- Select the days and time schedule to replicate the OS images from the local office and save the replication policy.
- After selecting the replication policy, select the image repository created in the remote office to store the replicated images. If you haven't created any image repository in the remote office, you can create them by clicking on the Add image repository button. Ensure that this image repository is accessible to all the computers in the remote office with Read and Write privileges to the required users.
- Select the driver repository created in the remote office to store the drivers. If you haven't created any driver repository in the remote office, you can create them by clicking on the Add Driver repository button. Ensure that this driver repository is accessible to all the computers in the remote office with Read and Write privileges to the required users.
- Add the computers you want to manage in the remote office and add the remote office.
- Exclude the following folders from antivirus scan in the machine where distribution server is installed, to avoid any issues in OS Deployer functions caused by antivirus blocks.
Refer this document to learn more about antivirus exclusions.
- DesktopCentral_DistributionServer - <OS Drive>\Program Files\\DesktopCentral_DistributionServer
- ZohoCorp - <OS Drive>\Program Files(x86)\Zohocorp
You have now successfully created the remote office with distribution server and you have also configured the OS deployment settings.
Note: If you have already created a remote office and managing it, you can modify the remote office and configure OS deployment settings.