How to copy media to USB drive connected to remote machine?
If the USB drive is connected to a remote machine and you want to copy media to that USB drive, follow the steps given below,
- Open server web console in the remote machine.
- Under Admin, select Create PE media and in the drop down select USB.
- Specify the details to create media and select Create Bootable Media. This will store the media in the server path in the zipped file format.
- Go to Actions at the created media, click Download and select local office or remote office. This will download the media in the zipped file format.
- To locate the downloaded zip file, go to the default download location of the browser and search for your media file name.
- Extract the zip file.
- Open the extracted folders, select "USBCopy.bat".
- Run this bat file in command prompt using administrator privileges. List of removable disks will be displayed.
- Select the drive to copy USB media.
- It is recommended to format disk before copying media. Enter Yes to format the disk.
- Enter Yes to copy media.
Media has been successfully copied to the USB drive. You can use the media to perform deployment and offline imaging on any computer.